[fpc-pascal] ptccrt missing keys

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Fri May 26 21:49:26 CEST 2017

>It's great that it's finally working for you. And yes, ptccrt supports most alt and ctrl key combinations, but if you find some key combination missing, please report it - it is easy to add.

I could really use F11 and F12  including shift, alt, and crtl if possible from the prccrt graphics window.  I suspect there is some fundamental reason why F11 and F12 aren't usable, because F11 and F12 don't work in crt either.  But here is what does work in crt that would be great if would also work in ptccrt.

          F11 - no code but toggles the console window full screen and back-  If F11 could not be caputed I would rather it NOT try to change full screen on the ptcgraph window
          F12 - Extended: #134
Shift F11 - Extended: #135
Shift F12 - Extended: #136
CTRL F11 - Extended: #137
CTRL F12 - Extended: #138
  ALT F11 - Extended: #139
    Alt F12 - Extended: #140

Interestingly ATL-F4 does not close the ptcgraph window, it returns extended #107 followed by #3    I also notice that hitting the X on ptcgraph window sends a #3 which I like MUCH better than just closing the window.  I am going to use these to initiate my exit sequence and properly exit the program instead of terminating it.  It would be great to not get the #3 after the #107 for ALT-F4 just to make it completely different than hitting the X, but it's workable to trap #107 then ignore the #3 if I want Alt-F4 to be different than X or ignore #107 if I want Alt-F4 to be the same as X, so maybe best to leave it the way it is.

Here are some keys that work in CRT and their codes, I personally don't have an immediate use for them but it they were available I might think of something
 CTRL Insert - Extended: #146
CTRL Delete - Extended: #147
   ALT Delete - Extended: #163
    ALT Home - #7
       ALT END - #1
       ALT =  - Extended #131
       ALT ~  - Extended #41
      CTRL ~ - Extended #41 * CTRL + and ALT + are the same, would be nice if they were not.
The following are from the numbers above letters on keyboard
     CTRL 1 - Extended #2
         Yes CTRL 2 already works and produces Extended #3
      CTRL 3 - Extended #4
      CTRL 4 - Extended #5
      CTRL 5 - Extended #6
      CTRL 6 - Extended #7   -  ptcgraph produces Extended #30 instead
      CTRL 7 - Extended #8
      CTRL 8 - Extended #9
      CTRL 9 - Extended #10
      CTRL 0 - Extended #11
      CTRL -   - Extended #12  -  ptcgraph produces Extended #31 instead
      CTRL =  - Extended #13

The following are from numeric keypad
      CTRL 1 - Extended #117
      CTRL 2 - Extended #145
      CTRL 3 - Extended #118
      CTRL 4 - Extended #115
      CTRL 5 - Extended #143
      CTRL 6 - Extended #116
      CTRL 7 - Extended #119
      CTRL 8 - Extended #141
      CTRL 9 - Extended #132
      CTRL 0 - Extended #146
       CTRL .  - Extended #147

I'm not sure about these, it seems kind of like more of a test than real keycodes, but this is what CRT does
       ALT 1 - #1
       ALT 2 - #2
       ALT 3 - #3
       ALT 4 - #4
       ALT 5 - #5
       ALT 6 - #6
       ALT 7 - #7
       ALT 8 - #8     * Backspace
       ALT 9 - #9     * Tab
       ALT .  - Extended #163

The following are the operators from the numeric keypad
   CTRL / - Extended: #149
   ALT / - Extended: #164
   CTRL * - Extended: #150
      ALT * - Extended: #55
    CTRL -  - Extended: #142
      ALT -  - Extended: #74
    CTRL +  - Extended: #78
       ALT +  - Extended: #78     *CTRL + and ALT + are the same, would be nice if they were not.

James