[fpc-pascal] download mirror is missing

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri May 26 12:43:25 CEST 2017

> In our previous episode, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal said:
>> >
>> > In particular, avoid these languages:
>> > https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
>>
>> I'd say if he decides to use JS he'd use it through pas2js :P
>
> Javascript is dead:
>
> https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
>
> Personally I like the delivery of this. It is just like a regular talk, with
> all the absurdness and hyperbole, but he remains completely in character.

Interesting talk. It got me to think about running a asm.js (or
nowadays WebAssembly) on our company's OS... and here I wanted to do
other things during my free day and the weekend :P
But yeah, considering that the amount of transpilers to JS is
increasing (I consider WebAssembly one as well) and Pas2JS is one
after all as well I essentially do agree with the talk... (though
avoiding the kernel kall overhead would probably mean to have the
asm.js running in ring 0 as well and due to my work I've definitely
come to like the advantages of a microkernel :/ )

Regards,
Sven