[fpc-pascal] OpenGL and SDL frustrations

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Fri May 26 07:07:32 CEST 2017

> On May 26, 2017, at 11:56 AM, noreply at z505.com wrote:
>
> All these calls look kind of tedious, instead of using a wrapper. But maybe you want to learn opengl at its heart and not use a wrapper.. and learn all the fine details the hard way (full respect for that).

Imo I think it pays off to learn the actual graphics pipeline and what the process is really doing from direct memory in CPU to GPU. Graphics are so sensitive to performance and minor optimizations it would no doubt bother me deep down inside if I didn’t have 100% control over the process. Overall it’s only a minor part of the code actually so once you get it down it can be buried and not worried about later.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph