[fpc-pascal] download mirror is missing

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 25 11:15:43 CEST 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2017 22:24:51 +0200 (CEST)
> marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
>
>> In our previous episode, Mattias Gaertner said:
>> >
>> > https://www.freepascal.org/down/x86_64/linux-netherlands.var
>> >
>> > 550 /pub/fpc/dist/3.0.2/x86_64-linux
>>
>> Not missing, but wrong url. The dutch ftp mirror is of the form:
>>
>> ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/mirrors/fpc/
>>
>> The dutch mirror shows the right paths:
>>
>> http://freepascal.stack.nl/down/x86_64/linux-netherlands.html
>>
>> so it must be something in how the main site is updated.
>
> Who can update the download page?

I have regenerated it (I think).

The website is created using Black Magic, it defies analysis.
It's an ill-advised attempt to create a multilingual site.

The person who made it is no longer on the team, and his scripts are in tcl.
We'll need to clean it up once and for all. Create something like hugo
https://gohugo.io/overview/introduction/

Michael.