[fpc-pascal] Browser and exe

Wed May 24 15:40:47 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-24 10:01, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> 2. to make an app that will be a local web server, after the user has installed.
>> The web real app could make requests to http//localhost and have a
>> communication between them.
> I think this is your best option.

I've done this before in a project for one of my previous employers. Out
desktop application did user logins, reporting and for some
functionality offloaded it to the web browser (which was launched
automatically for them). This worked under Linux, Windows and FreeBSD,
and worked very well. We could also switch between Synapse or Indy for
the embedded HTTP server component. At the time FPC didn't have its own
HTTP Sever component.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/