[fpc-pascal] Browser and exe

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed May 24 04:02:12 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-23 20:52, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM,  <noreply at z505.com> wrote:
>> Exe is a security hazard that could barf up a person's hard drive
>> instantly
>> or create viruses..
>
> I understand these security reasons and I agree, of course...
> But this Exe that I am talking about should be installed for all
> machines that want use the system so, won't be a problem for security.

Well there is always XUL Runner (Firefox embedded) or Chromium Embedded,
to run a local browser on the computer machine that is just like
chrome/firefox, but can communicate with real exe code.

> I'm still thinking on these options:
>
> 1. NativeMessaging:
> https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/nativeMessaging
>
> 2. to make an app that will be a local web server, after the user has
> installed.
> The web real app could make requests to http//localhost and have a
> communication between them.

Or a local chromium embedded/firefox embedded web browser that can talk
to any native code you want, then the person does not need a web server
running but will have to install the chromium embedded CEF dll's