[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at gmail.com
Mon May 22 19:34:39 CEST 2017

On 05/20/2017 12:07 AM, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:

> On 05/19/2017 11:24 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
>> On 19.05.2017 19:22, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I think the higher level you can do an optimization/simplification, the
>>> higher you should do it. Otherwise the lower layers get really
>>> messy, as
>>> they already are in some cases. Well, in general, we should up our
>>> floating point game. For example if Nikolay's recent load-modify-store
>>> optimization would work on floats, that would already a nice step
>>> forward
>>> in this case. ;) (Sorry for my ignorance, if it already works,
>>> missed that
>>> then.)
> No, it does not work for floats, yet, but feel free to add support for
> them as well :)
Today, I checked whether we can take advantage of this optimization for
floats, but I didn't see any load-modify-store instructions in the x86
instruction set (neither x87, nor SSE/AVX). Are there any floating point
instructions on any architecture, that we support, that does
load-modify-store (i.e. modify-in-place) of a memory operand?

Nikolay