[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Thu May 18 15:38:44 CEST 2017

> On May 18, 2017, at 7:42 PM, Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de> wrote:
>
> Nonsense.
> Most of the time you just load the vertex positions from file. No calculations at all.
> And even if you calculate your objects most are static (meaning their vertex positions in object space do not change). So they are calculated once and then sent to the GPU once.
> Animations are mostly done sending scalars/matrices/quaternions as uniforms to the corresponding shader.
> Skeletal animation may be done on the CPU (if you need the fully transformed mesh for anything CPU side, but you seldom do).

I only have some game experience but it’s common to need to perform some sort of viewport culling/sorting before you can send the data to OpenGL. As you may know you need to format the vertex, texture and color data into an array and generating that array can require signification calculations. In my isometric engine the sorting process got terribly complicated and CPU intensive, so much so in fact it won’t be able to run on mobile like I planned.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph