[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Thu May 18 16:01:45 CEST 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017 09:59:03 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> The difference: As explained by somebody after I did a quick google
> search to save time:
>
> "
> wolfenstein3d used raycasting. Raycasting is based on sending out a
> "ray" along each line of sight from the viewer, and incrementally moving
> along that line of sight until the ray hits an object."

That's a raycasting renderer.
Raycasting in itself is even less.
It's just the act of casting one or multiple rays and checking for collisions/intersections for whatever purpose.
Can be used for example for user selection of objects in 3D scenes, collision detection of bodies in physics engines or advanced lighting effects.

R.