[fpc-pascal] Partial text search in a dictionary

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Mon May 15 13:14:00 CEST 2017

Hi list.

I am looking for a class/list/map... that allows me to store string data
paired with an object.

However i would like to be able to do a partial text search on the
strings, prefeably with a result as a list of matching string/object
pairs but getting an index to the first matching pair would be fine. The
match only has to be done from the first character of both strings, so a
complex solution like Regex search is not needed.

I know i can use a sorted TStringList with a straight forward search
method, however I was hoping someone might know of an implementation
that works more or less out of the box.

Kind regards
Torsten.