[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Thu May 11 23:48:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-11 19:43, James Richters wrote:
> Any Suggestions?

Speed:
   In recent graphics work I've done, I've noticed that FPC is fantastic
   at created cross-platform applications. But the generated binaries
   are NOT fast at all - no matter how many compiler parameters and
   artificial speed optimisations we tried to implement. Sloppy Java
   code ended up 3x faster than the best I could get out of FPC
   generated binaries.

   I'm not saying this is your performance problem (especially comparing
   a 3Ghs PC vs a 233Mhz PC) - there certainly seems to be another
   problem contributing to your speed issue.

Graphics:
   I highly recommend you take a look as AggPas. It is a 100% high
   quality sub-pixel rendering engine - hand ported from the original
   C++ code. The latest and most up to date AggPas (there are a few
   forks from the original) can be found in the fpGUI code repository.
   The AggPas code is totally independent of the rest of fpGUI, so
   you can write per console applications that uses AggPas and render
   to any image format, byte array etc.

   For examples of what AggPas can do, take a look at this following
   websites:

     Agg (Anti-Grain Geomerty):
       http://www.antigrain.com/about/

     AggPas (Pascal port):