[fpc-pascal] Vehicle management

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu May 11 21:20:12 CEST 2017

On 11.05.2017 19:58, Jon Foster wrote:

> On 05/11/2017 09:37 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
>>
>> Am 11.05.2017 18:14 schrieb "Jon Foster"
>> <jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com <mailto:jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com>>:
>> > Anyhow tips on the FPC->C++ front would be appreciated. I will
>> probably search the list archives as I know this topic comes up
>> repeatedly. I don't understand how ginormous an undertaking this might
>> be but maybe I can contribute something on this front.
>>
>> I can't speak for other approaches to interface with C++ code, but
>> patches to the compiler's cppclass support are definitely welcome :D
>> It will never support everything there is in C++, but if we'd manage
>> to interface with most library code that would be something...
>>
> @@ <- me being bug eyed
>
> cppclass?!?! Where? When? How? What?
>
> I still can't find any mention of C++ support in the FPC 3.0 doc PDFs.
> I've just grepped the source and I see something... Still trying to
> figure out what it means. But to put it more specifically:
>
> What support is there?
> How is it used?
> Where are the docs, if any?
> When did it sneak in? (not really important, just curious)

It's rather old in fact though still in its infancy. Improving it a
little bit was one of the first patches I had done for FPC (back in 2009
or so), though not much has happened since then.

The only code of note is the tests that exist in
$fpcdir/tests/test/cg/tcppcl*.pp

Essentially only static methods of GCC C++ code are currently supported.
The next step would be instantiation and the vtables.

(Should you want to continue this topic I'd suggest a new thread in
fpc-devel)

Regards,
Sven