[fpc-pascal] SimpleIPC examples in docs

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Mon May 8 11:05:31 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-08 03:40, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-05-08 06:17, noreply at z505.com wrote:
>> Or there
>> could already be an examples feature in the docs that I don't know
>> about.
>

> fpdoc already supports "Examples" for some years now - I use it very
> often
> in fpGUI and tiOPF's class documentation.

Indeed, it supports examples underneath other content, but I meant an
examples index page...

If I wasn't working on SimpleIPC DLL right now I might just send a patch
to index examples for fpdoc, but that would be classified according to
my own professional psychiatry opinion as A.D.D. or A.D.H.D

> A index of all help topics that contain examples would be a useful
> addition
> to fpdoc output. On the other hand (just tested), if you use fpGUI's
> DocView
> and INF help files (generated by fpdoc and compiled with WIPFC), then
> you
> can do a search for "Example" and that will list all help topics with
> the
> Example heading.

More reason for me to check out fpGUI once again

Or I could see my if my own Lufdoc search utility could be modified to
search for examples..but the docs are older copy on my server right now,
so would only be pointing to fpc docs many years old