[fpc-pascal] Record operator for assignment

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Mon May 8 06:18:35 CEST 2017

> On May 8, 2017, at 10:47 AM, noreply at z505.com wrote:
>
> It's always easier said than done, to say "Why can't" and then have to write the actual parser code to do it ;-)

Yes indeed. I just looked over svn to see where Sven added his new dynamic array initializers and I’m still totally confused. It’s really a miracle anyone is able to contribute to such a large code base without any documentation.

Since we have record constructors and static class functions for records now it seems like the language is going out of its way to provide the simplest solution.

Yeah Golang has the same thing: c := Circle{x: 0, y: 0, r: 5} and basically the same syntax as Pascal or Swift.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph