[fpc-pascal] Record operator for assignment

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu May 4 11:49:21 CEST 2017

Am 04.05.2017 10:37 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:

> > On Apr 28, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>
wrote:

> > I almost struck out there. ;) There’s at least a possibility for anyone
interested. A few years ago I looked at the compiler source and decided it
was beyond me to even understand the code base well enough to do anything.
How do people get into this any ways? The learning curve is so steep it’s a
miracle anyone is able to contribute.

One starts with something simple and works one's way up. My first real
compiler contribution were if I remember correctly class helpers. And at
that time I knew next to nothing about the compiler and thus had to learn
by doing and debugging.

Regards,
Sven