[fpc-pascal] machine readable grammar of object pascal?

Wed May 3 10:43:46 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-03 00:53, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Does such grammar exist?

Not as part of the Free Pascal project. At one stage I have been
maintaining my own Pascal Grammar in EBNF format as part of the
documentation for fpGUI, but I haven’t kept up with all the recent FPC
syntax changes though - no generic, advanced records (aka new style TP
Objects) etc. I based the grammar on FPC’s “objfpc” compiler mode only.

The latest version can be found in the FPC Language Reference document
(INF help format) here:

   https://github.com/graemeg/fpGUI/blob/develop/docs/fpc_lang_ref.ipf

ps:
  I can generate a INF binary help file viewable with fpGUI’s DocView
  help viewer if you want to see how it looks like in its final
  state. Otherwise, you can compile your own binary INF file.
  Everything needed is in the fpGUI code repository and pre-built
  binaries of DocView are available for download from SourceForge.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/