[fpc-pascal] outtextXY not moving pointer

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon May 1 15:30:59 CEST 2017

In our previous episode, James Richters said:

> Any idea's why this is not working or how to get it fixed?

My guess it is a doc bug since the packages/graph/inc/graphh.inc says

{  17th april  1999:                                     }
{   * GraphDefaults() would not reset CP                 }
{   + GetX(), GetY(), MoveTo() checked for viewports     }
{   * OutTextXY() should not update the CP               }
{   * ClearViewPort() would not update the CP            }
{   * ClearDevice() would not update the CP              }
{   * Sector() would update the CP by calling LineTo     }
{   * Bar3D() would update the CP                        }
{   * PieSlice() would update the CP

which seems to indicate that not updating the CP (Cursor position) is a
deliberate choice.

That said, maybe nowadays a default parameter can be used to make that
optional.