[fpc-pascal] TSQLQuery and buffering.

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:43:53 CEST 2017

On Sunday 26 March 2017 18:37:36 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Looking at the above unit, I can only presume you load the field directly
> from the cursor returned by the native library.

Correct.

> As far as I can make out, TSQLResult is usable only for scanning a result
> set. TDataset has a lot more functions, hence has a lot more overhead.

Correct. Therefore MSEgui has TmseBufdataset/TmseSQLQuery when the whole
shebang is needed and TSQLResult when it is not. There is also the descendant
TifiSQLResult which can be used as source for TConnectedifiDatasource in
order to feed ifi-datapoints with DB-data. TSQLResult also can be used as
source for TSQLLookupBuffer.

Martin