[fpc-pascal] Delphi for Linux is out

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Mar 24 10:03:56 CET 2017

On 23.03.2017 20:40, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> The idea was, and is still today, that you can write applications that
> are
> independent of libc, and talk to the kernel directly.
While this usually is the obvious way to go, there are some Arch and OS
dependent user space things that are hard to perfectly manage in the
fpc-RTL, but are optimizedly provided in the Arch and OS dependent
library versions (e.g. Futex and (maybe) threadvar and "Atomic"
support). I remember that since some time, the Linux Kernel itself
offers "user space system calls" i.e. a "static" library used to do as
well certain user space stuff as system calls wrapped in normal
procedure calls. Astonishingly, last time I checked, Futex has not been
included in that "library".

-Michael