[fpc-pascal] SPARC / Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 11:12:01 CET 2017

On 13/03/17 09:00, Pierre Free Pascal wrote:
>> -----Message d'origine-----> De : fpc-pascal [mailto:fpc-pascal-bounces at lists.freepascal.org] De la> part de Mark Morgan Lloyd> Envoyé : lundi 13 mars 2017 09:11> À : fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> Objet : Re: [fpc-pascal] SPARC / Linux> > On 13/03/17 06:30, Pierre Free Pascal wrote:> > Hi Mark,> > if you mean build a native installer for 32-btsparc-linux, I can tell> you want you need to do:> > I'm used to building it for my own use. I'll take a look at your> instructions for versions later than 2.6.2, since even getting 2.6.4 or> 3.0.0 available would be progress. Time permitting :-(
>   I would also be interested in those other versions,if you succeed in building them. > > a libgdb installation to enable GDB inside FP IDE,which (if you do> not have> > I've found libgdb to be a problem on several platforms, it's not> maintained actively.You are breaking my heart...I am trying to maintain the internal GDB support for FP IDE,but even if I am a member of the GDB maintainer team,this is a huge task, which I never really have time to fulfill.
>   I have no access to any sparc machine, thus it is even moredifficult to maintain such targets.

Over the last ten years I've tried to compile FPC for 32-bit Linux
SPARC, PPC and ARM on occasion. There's obviously plenty of people doing
ARM now, is anybody still able to check PPC?

I'll try to get back to the point where I'm able to build SPARC for
Linux and (possibly) Solaris so that there's up-to-date binaries
available, but I'm afraid that I've got rather a lot of problems right
now which severely impact the time I can spend on it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk