[fpc-pascal] Serial to TCP gateway in FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:52:40 CEST 2017

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 19:16:05 -0400, Paul Breneman
<Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com> wrote:

>Why do you need FPC code?  Here are free drivers that work in Windows:
>   http://com0com.sourceforge.net/

Because I am programming in Pascal (Delphi and FPC) and I had failed
to find any working ready-made solutions.

It looks like I have already tested com0com a year ago or so:

When I look in my PC Win7 registry I find that two ports that are
enumerated but non-working seems to have been set up by com0com and by
what I see in the registry com0com seems to be a service.
However the indicated home dir for com0com does not exist and still
there are all these entries in the registry. There is no registered
service named com0com either...
Looks like leftovers from an incomplete uninstall.

Anyway, I would like to test this again but the question is if it
really works on Windows 7 and up (X64)?
The interesting part would be com0tcp in my case.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden