[fpc-pascal] Implementing AggPas with PtcGraph

Fri Jun 16 00:34:08 CEST 2017

On 2017-06-15 15:06, James Richters wrote:
> I don't like modifying units that are part of a package
> because then I would need to remember how I modified them when a new
> version is released or have to figure out what's going on all over
> again.

I use Git for just about any source code I work with. I even let Git
manage a SubVersion repository. I also often have my own "custom
changes" in 3rd party code. With Git I simply create a "custom-mods"
branch where I commit all my personal preferences. As the 3rd party code
moves forward, I can move my whole "custom-mods" branch forward to by
using the Git command "rebase". It's very little effort, and I have
dragged some of my custom-mods branches forward since around 2010 (in
various 3rd party code).

>> 3) Make sure you always rebuild the unit depending on the program
>> you want to compile (Compile -> Build).
> Is there a way to force this with the command line?

Yes.  The -B compiler command line parameter.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/