[fpc-pascal] Implementing AggPas with PtcGraph

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Thu Jun 15 03:40:14 CEST 2017

>The font rendering should all be controlled by compiler defines. You don't need to modify the unit to make it work.
>Simply add the correct define in your project's Compiler Settings and recompile the code.

That is what I thought should happen, but I put
{$DEFINE AGG2D_USE_FREETYPE}

In my program under
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

I still get:
FreeType: FALSE  Win32 True Type: TRUE

But if I uncomment
{$DEFINE AGG2D_USE_FREETYPE}
In agg_2D.pas

It's the only way I can get
FreeType: TRUE  Win32 True Type: FALSE

I don't know why the define isn't making it to the unit.  Do I need to do something else?   It's as if it's being un-defined somewhere else but I don't know where.. maybe the same place that is {$DEFINE AGG2D_USE_WINFONTS} because that is defiantly being set somewhere before the agg_2D.Pas unit and the only way to not get an error is for me to have this at the top of agg_2D.pas

{$IFDEF AGG2D_USE_FREETYPE }
 {$UNDEF AGG2D_USE_WINFONTS}
{$ENDIF }

>And if you look in the "develop" branch of fpGUI, there is an even later
>AggPas version - last updated a month ago.

Maybe I should go get this.. maybe some of these things are fixed already

Thank you for the help with this.

James