[fpc-pascal] for loops performance problems?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:26:02 CEST 2017

Karloy,

I replaced the calls to World.Vertex/.TexCoord/.Color with a local vertex
buffer (an array of TColorTexVertex) eliminating the function calls you
mentioned. The frames per seconds with vsync off is identical, so I'm
pretty sure that's not causing the slow down. It's either that the
addition/multiplication of floats given the font map (heights/widths stored
in an array) is inefficient or that there is something about the nature of
a for..loop that is causing it to be slow.

I will investigate further.