[fpc-pascal] Pointer hashing

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:28:22 CET 2017

El 30/01/2017 a las 3:37, Ryan Joseph escribió:
> I’m trying to hash a pointer value and found some example of hash function but not sure about translations and the process in general.

Hello,

After addressing the ^ conversion showed by other people I have a
question. Why you need to hash a pointer ? Hashing a value is
interesting to reduce its compare time (taking collisions into account)
and/or verify message integrity, and hashing a pointer does not meet
none of this goals as it is process wide unique (no collisions) and its
size is the fastest compare operation (most architectures).