[fpc-pascal] Deleting 'Nonexistent' files under windows

Rolf Grunsky rgrunsky at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 23 05:53:55 CET 2017

Is it possible to access files that have path lengths too long to access
from explorer through Windows API from Pascal?

I keep ending up with these very long file names which then I can not
access. It seems that Windows will create the files, usually by copying
the files from another source but the resulting path is too long to
access the file or to delete it. Using the "\\?\" trick doesn't always
work. I really don't want to spend $40 on a program just to delete some
files. If I get really desperate I can always pull the drive from the
Windows machine and connect it to the Linux machine but that's starting
to look like work. A simple command line program would be much easier.

Rolf
--
                                TRUTH in her dress finds facts too tight.
                                In fiction she moves with ease.