[fpc-pascal] FPC run (run program after compile)

Lars noreply at z505.com
Mon Jan 16 21:15:40 CET 2017

On Mon, January 16, 2017 6:59 am, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> On 16/01/17 13:30, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:22:14 -0700
>> "Lars" <noreply at z505.com> wrote:
>>

>>> [...]
>>> That instantfpc has catch22 like you cant compule multiple projects
>>> with the same name, i.e. it caches file name only (caveat) whereas
>>> fpcrun would compile it in current directory, as normal, no special
>>> cache dir needed
>>
>> Feel free to add an option like "--inplace" and send the patch.
>>

> This works
>

> #!/usr/local/bin/fpc.d/3.0.0/instantfpc --set-cache=./
>

> program Test; ..

Does instantfpc make it mandatory that you put this at the top of every
source file:
> #!/usr/local/bin/fpc.d/3.0.0/instantfpc --set-cache=./

fpcrun would not require this as it just compiles normally...

However making fpcrun.exe (trivial) would duplicate what instantfpc
already kind of sort of does, so I do not want fpc to ship two executables
that do the same thing (or similar)...

> except that the original file's getting modified to put // in front of the
> shebang which means that a second instantfpc run fails.

Interesting idea, to just cache it in the original project directory.