[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0 seed compiler for Rasperry Pi ARM?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:08:55 CET 2017

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 02:07:00 +0100 (CET), "Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)"
<charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I just need the seed compiler to be able to build FPC from sources.
>> And build Lazarus of course.
>
>Then you need "ppcarm" from that archive, and nothing else. Just copy it
>whereever you want, in your home dir, or something and do:
>
>make all install FPC=<path/to/seed/ppcarm> INSTALL_PREFIX=<install/new/fpc/here>
>
>in the root of the SVN tree.
>
>FPC works from pretty much anywhere. You can have multiple copies in your
>home easily. It doesn't have to be installed at a certain location.
>
>Lazarus I don't know, but I imagine it's similar.

It looks like Lazarus needs to know where the fpc sources are located
because I always get this error when trying to build lazarus bigide
the first time:

/home/pi/bin/ppcarm -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -l -vewnhibq -Fu. -FE.
-FU../units/arm-linux -dFPC_ARMHF -darm fcllaz.pas
Hint: (11030) Start of reading config file /home/pi/.fpc.cfg
Hint: (11031) End of reading config file /home/pi/.fpc.cfg
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0 [2017/01/09] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2015 by Florian Klaempfl and others
(1002) Target OS: Linux for ARMHF
(3104) Compiling fcllaz.pas
Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit system used by fcllaz
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted

The file ~/.fpc.cfg has been generated by running command:
fpcmkcfg -o ./.fpc.cfg

But I have not edited it in any way.

The unit system it fails to find is in the fpc sources, so somehow
make must be told where they are located...

It looks like the error message shows that the lazarus make command
does not find the fpc sources, which I have in my ~/dev/fpc/3.0.0
directory and I also ran the following command to put them into some
structure known by fpc:
make sourceinstall PREFIX=/home/pi

This put a copy of the sources into ~/share/....

But it seems like I am missing the way to tell lazarus make where they
are...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden