[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0 seed compiler for Rasperry Pi ARM?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:34:58 CET 2017

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 13:19:09 +0100, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>Am 07.01.2017 11:33 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
>> make all install FPC="/home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.0"
>> INSTALL_PREFIX="/home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.2RC1" OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF"
>>
>> Will this put the binaries into the /home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.2RC1 ?
>>

>The install make target only copies the binaries and PPUs to a directory
>structure below the specified INSTALL_PREFIX. It does not create symlinks
>or touch any fpc.cfg.

Thanks,
I have now gone over my fpc/lazarus install script and changed it
according to the info gotten here. But one issue remains:

Where does make sourceinstall put the sourcefiles when I use
PREFIX=/home/pi?

You said that the make all and make install use the PREFIX value by
adding in /bin and /lib/fpc/$VERSION after PREFIX when storing the
binaries.
Is there some such built-in path also for sourceinstall and if so what
is it?

Or could I skip the sourceinstall part and just point lazarus to the
downloaded sources from SVN from which fpc was built?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden