[fpc-pascal] FPC clean room project

Thu Jan 5 10:46:54 CET 2017

On 2017-01-02 22:07, Sven Barth wrote:
> Not to mention that for a little while Embarcadero even used Free Pascal
> for their iOS support before they had their own compiler.

Exactly, and that probably makes all arguments moot in a court of law.

Nevertheless, we all know FPC and Lazarus take copyrighted code very
serious, and prevents using it when found. The FPC project even includes
a utility to make such code comparisons and reports the results. Years
ago that utility was used to find and clean room implement a few
copyrighted functions (or function implementations that was too close
for comfort).

I also know from first hand experience that Embarcadero has been made
aware of CodeTyphon's copying and distribution of FireMonkey (called
Orca or something in CodeTyphon). But then again, FPC and Lazarus has
nothing to do with CodeTyphon - so no need to discuss that further here.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/