[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0 seed compiler for Rasperry Pi ARM?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 00:35:39 CET 2017

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 17:00:22 -0500, Anthony Walter
<sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

>Here is a minimal FPC for the Pi:
>
>https://www.getlazarus.org/setup/minimal/
>
>It's compact, installs in your home folder, and include a terminal shortcut.

Thanks,
I downloaded from the RaspberryPi link:
http://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/fpc-3.0.0.raspberry-min.tar.gz

Then expanded the tar.gz file into a tar file. Expanded that and found
another tar.gz file (plus a "setup.sh" script file), so I had to
expand that gz as well and found yet another tar file....
Finally this one expanded to a folder structure with 242 files and 14
folders for a total of 35,719,274 bytes.

Seems rather complex...
The setup.sh file in the middle of these expansions seems to be not
suited to unattended operation since it stops and asks a number of
questions....

I'll try to look through the script file and see if I understand what
it is *really* doing apart from asking the user.

Note:
I just need the seed compiler to be able to build FPC from sources.
And build Lazarus of course.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden