[fpc-pascal] Feature announcement: Management Operators

Tue Feb 28 21:50:15 CET 2017

On 2017-02-28 20:40, noreply at z505.com wrote:
> Sorry, I've been out of touch with what's happening with Records lately
> in modern pascal/delphi/etc.

Don't worry, I'm with you on that one. All I know is that
Borland/CodeGear/EMBT broken TP Objects somewhere in Delphi. Then they
decided they want that functionality back, so instead of fixing TP
Objects, the decided to butcher Records to act just like TP Objects
(well, pretty much)! Go figure.

I mostly code with classes, but do still us TP Objects mixed in with my
code for simpler data structures where I don't really want to
instantiate objects. Records - well, I use them like they were defined
in Delphi 7 and earlier. I really don't see the need for Records with
Methods (ie: TP Objects) and such.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/