[fpc-pascal] How to discover which files are tagged or branced in a hook script?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 00:27:27 CET 2017

If there is a commit to a tag operation, how can I find out which is
the tag and which files carry that tag?

I am trying to use svnlook for this on a repository converted from CVS
when investigating how to create a commit hook that will give me the
info about the files as well as the tag name.
But when I test on a revision that is the tag commit I only see the
tag in the info response as a log message created by cvs2svn during
conversion:

"This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create tag
'TagHTMLAdded3'."

When an actual tagging operation is done on the repository and the
post_commit hook fires, how can I know that the commit was for a
tag/branch operation and which tag/branch was involved?
And which files were tagged/branched?

I am working to adapt my CVSMailer program that sends out email to the
develper team when a change has been committed. So I need to just dig
out this information and then plug it into the existing mailer
program. (Well, maybe a bit more work, but basically that is it.)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden