[fpc-pascal] Cannot find entry point of a routine inside a windows 64 dll

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 13 22:10:58 CET 2017

Am 13.12.2017 18:13 schrieb "Dennis" <dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk>:

Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

> Am 13.12.2017 11:39 schrieb "Dennis Poon" <dennis at avidsoft.com.hk <mailto:
> dennis at avidsoft.com.hk>>:
>

> Just for clarification: is the excel_xp.dll written by you or by a 3rd
> party? Or are you talking about a different library written by you? Because
> in the latter case the interfacing choice between your program and *that*
> library nicht be the culprit.
>
> Let me explain. My program is a 32 bit program that collects real time
stock prices and group the prices by each minute into Open, High, Low,
Close, Volume of that minute. The program needs to add these rows of
open,high,lose,close,volume in real-time to an opened Excel Spreadsheet
(that the end users will write his own VBA formula to manipulate the rows I
add).  To do so, I need to use Microsoft OLE Automation but I don't know
how to do it in Lazarus. But there is a component in Delphi that uses OLE
Automation to update an excel spreadsheet, so I wrote my own excel_xp.dll
in Delphi to use that TExcelApplication component (from Delphi) which is
then called by my 32-bit lazarus program.  Everything worked in 32-bit.

Since there is no FREE 64-bit Delphi IDE available, before I purchase a
64-Bit delphi, I need to make sure my Lazarus program can compile to 64 bit
windows program and can call a 64-bit windows DLL so I use Lazarus 64 bit
to write a stub 64-bit windows dll to be called by my 64-bit Lazarus
program. However, on running, it complained "Cannot find entry point of a
routine ", which never happened when everything was 32-bit.

My question is why the exact routine definitions worked in 32-bit but did
not work in 64 bit.

Okay, that explains things a bit more.

May I ask you to provide a small example consisting of program and library
(source only) that works in 32-bit, but fails in 64-bit? Try way I can
check myself what is going on as I have a Delphi starter on my 64-bit
Windows as well. Though it will be the weekend till I'll have the time to
look at it.

Someone might asked why I did not compile the TExcelApplication directly in
Lazarus to do without the linked dll. I tried, it just won't compile and
the task of translating the huge source files from Delphi to FPC is too
daunting.

 What kind of errors did you face?

Regards,
Sven