[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.4 released!

Fri Dec 1 00:44:39 CET 2017

On 2017-11-30 23:35, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> Sorry, I know that this is being done, but I don't see how is that more
> secure than just downloading the file via HTTPS.

Not all files are downloaded via a secure protocol like HTTPS. That's
true for FreeBSD, Linux and I would guess even for Free Pascal's
releases (main site and whatever mirrors are available).

I also prefer FTP over HTTP(S) for downloading ISO's or large files -
thus an untrusted connection, but fast. I'd rather have some checksum
than nothing - simply for verifying that my download is not corrupt in
any way.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/