[fpc-pascal] Freepascal Floating Point Issue

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 28 11:13:05 CEST 2017

On 28.08.2017 08:04, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:I don't understand
why we will have no more the right to use it under x64 OS...

> Because Microsoft declared it as deprecated. That means that should
> Microsoft ever bring out a 64-bit only OS ...

In fact this still is a (mere) portability problem. Supposedly in such a
64-bit only OS, 32 bit executables will not lose "extended" but will not
be able to be started at all.

In fact I suppose there will be possibilities to run them in a virtual
machine. E.g. Virtual Box already can build up an invisible "one window"
virtual machine for a single running program.

-Michael