[fpc-pascal] H2pas tool vs others, C header translation

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Sun Aug 27 23:25:45 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-27 12:25, marcov at stack.nl wrote:
> In our previous episode, noreply at z505.com said:
>> > rarer
>> > cases)
>>
>> That's good news, does Delphi need to add a boolean8/16/32 some day,
>> or
>> already has?
>
> I don't know. FPC needed it for GTK interfacing, but FPC doesn't use
> it.
>
> The main headers interfaced by Delphi are WINAPI, and they have
> longbool.
>
>> As I often switch between using fpc and delphi all the time, almost
>> 50/50
>
> More importantly, if you still use ancient D7, would you actually buy a
> new
> version (for Eur 1500 or so) if they added it ?

I use ancient versions (D5 and D7) but also have purchased the latest
Tokyo and use latest too..

No I would not buy it just for that, but, I wonder if I should ring them
an email on their quality central and feature request it, if they
haven't got that figured out yet. This header translation stuff, is
still bothering us years later since the 1990's already, and many errors
in programs exist because of these damn headers that aren't perfectly
translated ;-(