[fpc-pascal] H2pas tool vs others, C header translation

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Tue Aug 22 12:24:25 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-22 04:04, marcov at stack.nl wrote:
> In our previous episode, Dmitry Boyarintsev said:
>>
>> I'm using Chelper.  (http://wiki.freepascal.org/Chelper)
>> It's my choice, because it preserves comments (which is usually an
>> important part of open-source libs)
>> plus, can be configured to handle library header-specific defines.
>> Naturally, the process is semi-automatic, but get be done quite
>> quickly.
>
> Note that to convert C (as in source code, not headers), I did use
> other
> tools in the past. Can't remember which though.

I did mean headers, not C source... But C source is also interesting to
convert of course
I wonder if the Quake to Delphi and Doom To Delphi folks wrote tools for
conversion, or used existing ones to do the bulk of the work.  If
superman was involved, they likely did it by hand 100 percent the hard
way, but if they are A.I. then they have no hands, likely.