[fpc-pascal] H2pas tool vs others, C header translation

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 03:27:44 CEST 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM, <noreply at z505.com> wrote:

> Is h2pas for example the one that is used for Mysql header translations
> and other major C headers?

I'm using Chelper.  (http://wiki.freepascal.org/Chelper)
It's my choice, because it preserves comments (which is usually an
important part of open-source libs)
plus, can be configured to handle library header-specific defines.
Naturally, the process is semi-automatic, but get be done quite quickly.

> I am looking to convert the GNU MPFR library header files, or hire someone
> on a bounty to do it if header translation is not so easy with h2pas and
> requires lots of hand work, and close checking.

Speaking of bounties.
There was a bounty (http://wiki.freepascal.org/Bounties#Linux_bounties) for
converting libwebsockets to fpc.
I took it and did the conversion using Chelper.