[fpc-pascal] Defining sonames?

Fri Aug 18 12:57:36 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-18 10:27, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> the application links without errors despite there is no libX11.so ->
> libX11.so.6 link.

I quickly tested under FreeBSD 10.3. Even thought FreeBSD doesn't have
*-devel packages like Linux does. All ports packages (binary or build
from source) include unversioned and versioned library names.

Anyway, the -l:libname.so.1 style linker parameter also works under
FreeBSD. I could link a project without problems. To make doubly sure, I
deleted the libX11.so symlink file and managed to link my project
successfully. It also run without problems (didn't expect any issues
here). So using the versioned library names definitely works.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/