[fpc-pascal] Is there some disadvantages using mode Delphi?

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sat Apr 29 22:18:53 CEST 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org
> wrote:

> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to write some packages that should work in FPC and Delphi.
>> I know that I will need to use {mode delphi} to do that.
>>
>> My ask is: Is there some disadvantages using this mode?
>>
>> I mean, is there something that we only can do in mode objfpc but not in
>> mode delphi, or is it just about syntax?
>>

> It is not just about syntax. In ObjFPC mode, the compiler is more strict.
> (for examlpe: no method parameter names that concide with properties of
> the object)

Hmm, right (in fact I like this feature).
So, it is about syntax and strict.

But is there something that I can't do with mode delphi but I can using
mode objfpc?
Let me rephrase: Is there some (new cool) feature that only works in mode
objfpc?

My concern is make my code cross between FPC and Delphi, but loosing some
feature that exists only in FPC.
I would like to know if worth make my code compilable between FPC/Lazarus
and Delphi, even if my priority is FPC.

Marcos Douglas