[fpc-pascal] Can class function used in specialized class use intristic functions Low, High with generic type ?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Apr 20 13:02:04 CEST 2017

Hi *,

I have some generic class:

generic T2DNumericArray<T> = object(specialize T2DArray<T>)
     public
       class function Truncate(Value: double): T; inline;

In class function Truncate I want check if supplied Value is in range of T.
T will be always ordinal type (byte, integer) ... (I know this, but
compiler does not of course)

Can I use in :

class function T2DNumericArray.Truncate(Value: double): T;
begin
   if Value > High(T) then
     Result := High(T)
   else if Value < Low(T) then
     Result := Low(T)
   else
     Result := Value;
end;

I understand, that from compiler POV T can be any type, so High() and
Low() can be invalid, but I wonder if there is any way how to solve this.

Thanks

-Laco.