[fpc-pascal] Coroutines and VirtualAlloc

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 10:43:08 CEST 2017

On 20/04/17 08:30, Bernd Mueller wrote:
> On 04/20/2017 09:40 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:>> Turning it around a
> little: are there still FPC targets that don't have> threads? Having
> coroutines would allow a native thread mechanism to be> implemented,
> without relying on the underlying OS.
> it would be really nice to have coroutines for the embedded targets like
> AVR and ARM.

The Topspeed family of languages also demonstrated that a coroutine
could be used as the target of an interrupt. However looking at the
manual I see that when the interrupt arrived the association was
removed, and I can't remember what it did with interrupt acknowledgement
etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk