[fpc-pascal] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: WebAssembly Target

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Apr 19 10:43:16 CEST 2017

On 14.04.2017 12:56, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Why is it scripting needed to display a calendar?
Most obviously: (OK. I do know that there is a timed reload instruction
in HTML, that I malevolently ignore in this post, but it would be a PITA
to use same in a more complex example, as it would reload everything
instead of updating e.g. just a single number, as often needed in a RIA
GUI.)

You keep the Browser Window open and at midnight the sheet for the new
day should automatically be displayed.

HTTP/HTML can't do that, It's strictly unidirectional request->answer.
(Which in fact is completely silly, but we need to live with that).

So Java script can do the necessary polling.

-Michael