[fpc-pascal] fpc code for Java class and Android.

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Apr 19 15:01:32 CEST 2017

On 04/18/2017 07:38 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 04/17/2017 08:42 PM, Jon Foster wrote:
>> You have to copy the app to "/data/tmp" as that is usually the only
>> place on Android with a Linux file system that all users have access to.
>> You can't look in there so you kind of have to fly blind. :-) "Terminal
>> IDE" makes this easier, assuming you have a compatible Android version,
>> since it provides the Linux file system space, term emulator and easy
>> access.
>>
>> This was what I thought Paul was looking to do. FreeVision might work
>> depending on a number of variables... but I'm not familiar with it. Most
>> Android terminal apps would provide some kind of VT100 like emulation so
>> you may have to force FreeVision to output for that emulation. If it
>> tries to use a "termcap" through normal means it probably will crash.
>>

> Thanks Jon *very* much for the details that you shared!  I hope to get
> time to get back into this soon and I'm sure that your notes will help.

Well, I tried a bit this morning but have failed so far.

With GNURoot Debian it comes up as Debian version 8.1 but I upgraded to
8.7 using the instructions near the bottom of this page:
   http://turbocontrol.com/gnuroot.htm

The 2.6.0 ppcarm itself fails to run with: Illegal instruction

I also posted a new zip (not yet on web page) and tried that:
HelloWorld-fpc-3.0.2.arm-linux-041917.zip

The 3.0.2 ppcarm itself fails with: Segmentation fault

Thanks in advance for *any* suggestions.  As soon as I get this working
I hope to create a new wiki page so it is easier for others to share. :)

Thanks,
Paul Breneman
www.ControlPascal.com