[fpc-pascal] GUI multithreaded Win32 program sometimes freeze when quitting

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 15:37:34 CEST 2017

On 18/04/17 12:00, Dennis wrote:
> I have an win32 multithreaded program written in lazarus 1.7, FPC 3.1.1
> From time to time, when it quits, it will freezes and from the task
> manager, the program will occupies the entire CPU core.
> I noticed that it will happen more often if:

This might be better on the Lazarus ML since it's likely to be a
subtlety of the LCL.

My experience is that it pays to be absolutely paranoid during
termination regarding the continued availability of anything associated
with a form, and also about termination flags themselves particularly
the application terminate flag.

Granted that most of my unhappy experience in this area was in Delphi,
but like yourself I found the culprit elusive.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk