[fpc-pascal] fpc code for Java class and Android.

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Tue Apr 18 13:38:08 CEST 2017

On 04/17/2017 08:42 PM, Jon Foster wrote:
> You have to copy the app to "/data/tmp" as that is usually the only
> place on Android with a Linux file system that all users have access to.
> You can't look in there so you kind of have to fly blind. :-) "Terminal
> IDE" makes this easier, assuming you have a compatible Android version,
> since it provides the Linux file system space, term emulator and easy
> access.
>
> This was what I thought Paul was looking to do. FreeVision might work
> depending on a number of variables... but I'm not familiar with it. Most
> Android terminal apps would provide some kind of VT100 like emulation so
> you may have to force FreeVision to output for that emulation. If it
> tries to use a "termcap" through normal means it probably will crash.

Thanks Jon *very* much for the details that you shared!  I hope to get
time to get back into this soon and I'm sure that your notes will help.

The last problem that I had *three years* ago was that I failed to get
the mouse to work in the text mode IDE (I did have a keyboard and mouse
that worked in Android).  The mouse is not absolutely required for the
simple programs I'd like to do.

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com