[fpc-pascal] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: WebAssembly Target

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 14 19:56:10 CEST 2017

Am 2017-04-14 um 15:12 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
 >> I want to keep control about what is executed on my computer.
 > So you are running an open source OS ?

Unfortunately not (yet).
I am working on getting rid of windows
but some programs not available on Linux
prevented me from doing this step for now.

Nevertheless, the point is not to just run
open source programs (and OS's).
I install a new OS very seldom
and these OS's are under public observation.
We know quite a lot about Windows and what it is doing
in the background so I am no so much concerned about it (yet).
I disabled updates so I don't get unexpected changes in the background.
And I use Win 7 and 8.1 but not 10.

Same applies to programs.
I cannot wade through all the code even if it's open source.
I have to rely on the fact that popular programs are under
public ovservation and that unexpected behaviour will be known soon.

For web pages this is totally different.
With scripting you install and run completely unknown code
hundreds of times a day. An infected or otherwise malicious
web page will not become visible at once because they can
change very often and there are many of them.
Therefor I use NoScript to prevent me from such code.
90% of these web pages using scripting are crap anyway.
Scripting is mainly used to annoy the user with add popups etc.

Serious web pages don't need scripting IMO.
They should provide information and that is possible without it.