[fpc-pascal] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: WebAssembly Target

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 14 12:56:01 CEST 2017

Am 2017-04-14 um 11:03 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
 > On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
 >> Am 2017-04-13 um 10:20 schrieb Michael Schnell:
 >> > So at the moment HTML5 and Java script is the way to go, but WebAssembly should recreate Action Script versatility performance in a more "Standard" way.
 >> I hate Java Script and use NoScript to block it.
 >> I can't understand why scripting is needed for a web page.
 >
 > Simple: to improve the user experience. Things like google calendar would be impossible without it.

Why is it scripting needed to display a calendar?

I am not against improving HTML but allowing arbitrary code
on a web site is of no use (for the user) IMO.
It's just a security hole.

Code can be executed on the server if needed.
On the clients only what the HTML-language provides shoud be allowed.
And executing arbitrary code should not be part of this language.