[fpc-pascal] Hash List

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed Apr 12 15:54:50 CEST 2017

On 2017-03-17 19:06, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> Il 18/03/2017 00:29, African Wild Dog ha scritto:
>
>> Ia there any hash list implementation in free Pascal?
> The IniFiles unit (fpc/packages/fcl-base/src/inifiles.pp) provides a
> THashedStringList (descendant from TstringList) which I'm using
> reliably since many years.

If it is not specific to INI files and can be used generally for many
things, maybe it should be pulled out into some other unit so people do
not think it is just INI file related?

Also, ini files are file based, so could it be used without using files
on the disk and used as a in memory list only?
Any time someone sees "ini file" they think "files on the hard drive",
and could be turned off using this, when in fact it could be just what
they need.